Eight Geeks

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sin City extended cut DVD review

Heck, I know it's late. Shut up!

I just got around to watching our copy of the recut, extended version of Sin City and I gotta say, it's pretty nifty. It not only has the extended scenes and everything in it, it also lets you watch the different storylines like they were individual books. That's freakin' cool, man! If you only like some of the stories, you can go right to 'em and skip the rest. Don't like the "road rash" scene? Skip the entire story. Get queasy just thinking about "That Yellow Bastard" getting his just desserts? No need to watch it. It's a really unique way to do this movie, and it be would nifty if Quentin T. would put out a version of Pulp Fiction like this.

As to special features, well, Aradia loved the "The Long Take", if only to watch a certain leading man drop out of character and get back into it. Her theater background hits her really strongly on stuff like that, so I always like it when some of that makes it into the special features. Her eyes light up, and not in a Kevin sort of way.

Combined with the fact that the entire original cut of the movie is included, along with an "audience track" version (which I admittedly haven't checked out yet) that shows the entire movie with a live audience's reactions laid over the sound track, is included on one of the discs, I have to say that this DVD is well worth purchasing. I'm glad I waited and didn't get the original release.

6 Comments:

  • *mumblegrumble*Bought the first one*grumble*Gonna kill Peter Jackson for pioneering this "multi-release" dvd shit*mumble*have to borrow your copy*grumble*

    By Blogger Ranson, at 10:30 AM  

  • Yeah, and I heard yesterday that there was a 2 DVD set released in Australia of Serenity, so we'll probably see one here in the US as well. At least that's the rumor.

    By Blogger Coralius, at 12:31 PM  

  • At least I haven't bought that yet.

    By Blogger Ranson, at 7:38 PM  

  • Speak for yourself. I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, though. I'm chomping at the bit.

    By Blogger Coralius, at 2:12 AM  

  • Hey, I still haven't watched my regular Sin City DVD. That gets harder with a munchkin about.

    By Blogger Ranson, at 6:51 AM  

  • Aw, stop bragging.

    By Blogger Coralius, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home